Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

I want to get involved with VIP. Where should I start?

We have several options for students and the community to get involved! Feel welcome to email us at with your inquiry.  

What if I'm in a position at UK (RA, student organization, campus ministry, student government) and I want to work with VIP?

We want to work with you! Email or stop by the VIP Center so we can talk with you specifically about collaborating!

I am a faculty or staff member here at UK and I'm concerned about a student. What should I do?

You can contact the VIP Center by phone at (859) 257-3574 or email us at The VIP Center can provide you with helpful resources, and information to discuss strategies for reaching out to the student you're concerned about.  If the student has an urgent need, you may also contact TRACS.  If the student is in immediate danger, please call 911.  

Someone important to me disclosed that they are a survivor of interpersonal violence. How do I support them?

Let them know you are glad they told you, that you believe them, and it's not their fault. If possible, share VIP information and suggest they contact us for additional support.  If VIP is not the right resource for your loved one, please visit our resource page to find more helpful resources. The VIP Center is also here to support you while you are supporting your loved one, so feel welcome to contact VIP and speak with a confidential advocate.    

Does the VIP Center address ALL types of violence?

We are happy to connect any student to the resources we have available at UK, but VIP services are specific to interpersonal violence which can include sexual assault, rape, stalking, and intimate partner violence. Even if you're not sure VIP is the right place for your needs, feel free to contact us and we will help you get the help you need.  If you or someone you know is experiencing violence, but not interpersonal violence, you may reach out to the UK police department, Office of Student Conduct, Center for Support and Intervention, or TRACS for more support and resources.  

What is VIP's space used for?

The center serves as a place where students, faculty, and staff in the UK community can seek confidential services related to experiences of interpersonal violence

How can I be in the know about VIP programs, events and trainings?

Follow the VIP Center on Instagram for announcements of VIP programs, events, trainings, and more!  Or email us at

I didn't see the answer to my questions here - who can I contact?

We are happy to answer any questions you may have! You can call us at (859) 257-3574, email us at