Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

For Students

How do I get in touch with my Resident Advisor (RA) or Resident Director (RD)?

RAs share their contact information with each of their residents. But a resident can also stop by the hall’s front desk to connect with their RA. For your RD, their office is near the front desk, or you can find their contact details on our staff page.

What should I do if I have a maintenance issue in my room?

Submit a maintenance request through the online system called FIXIT. For urgent issues, also let the front desk know immediately.

When do the halls open and close for academic breaks?

Visit our Break Housing section to review opening and closing dates.

I am not in a break housing hall, and I need to stay on campus during all or part of an academic break. What can I do?

Several halls remain open during academic breaks to accommodate our students. We highly recommend that students choose to live in one of those break housing facilities if they wish to remain on campus during academic breaks. Space may be limited, and housing may not be able to accommodate any temporary moves to an open facility during a break. Talk to your Resident Director or the housing assignments office for more details ( 


How can I get involved in residence hall activities and campus events?

All events in the residence halls and on campus can be found on BBNvolved. Visit BBNvolved to stay updated and involved.


For Parents

My Wildcat is suffering from homesickness or is worried about fitting in and making friends. Who can they talk to?

Your student can talk to their Resident Advisor for peer support and information on social activities. The counseling center also offers resources for students adjusting to college life. Encourage participation in residence hall and campus events by visiting BBNvolved.


I am concerned about the well-being of my Wildcat and want someone to check in on them. How do I do that?

For wellness checks, please contact the UK Police Department at (859) 257-UKPD (8573). They will conduct a welfare check and offer appropriate support.


What safety measures are in place in the residence halls?

We prioritize safety with secure building access, on-call staff, and safety escort services. More information is available in our Campus Safety section.

What do I do if I am having a roommate conflict?

Try to resolve the issue through communication or seek mediation assistance from your Resident Advisor (RA). For ongoing conflicts, consult your Resident Director (RD) or utilize our Roommate Contract Agreement.

How do I report behavioral issues or concerns from other community members?

Report issues to your Resident Advisor (RA) or Resident Director (RD). In cases of immediate safety concerns, contact campus security or local authorities.

I have concerns with a Resident Advisor (RA) or Resident Director (RD). Who can I talk to?

Contact Residence Life for concerns involving RA or RD staff. Detailed contact information for the Executive Team, including the RD's supervisor, is available on our staff page.

Main Office Contact Information

Residence Life

202 Frazee Hall

University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506