Skip to main
University-wide Navigation

Referring a Student

There are many situations in which a referral to the Center for Support and Intervention is a good option. Below we've shared information that could be helpful in answering any questions you may have. If you'd prefer to talk to someone about your concern, please call (859) 257-3755.

When to refer?

A referral to the Center for Support and Intervention may be appropriate if a student is:

  • Struggling with college transitions, decision-making, academic stress, or connecting with social outlets.
  • Feeling overwhelmed with the process of accessing or navigating campus resources.
  • Missing classes, having difficulty with assignments, and/or not following through with academic support.
  • Experiencing a personal event, such as the loss of a loved one, a transition into pregnancy or parenting, or difficulties with interpersonal connection (e.g. with their family, friends, roommate, or partner).
  • Seen in the emergency room or hospitalized for physical or mental health care
  • Experiencing multiple stressors in their life that could influence their well-being (ex: financial, mental health, academic, or social/emotional factors).
  • Connected to or has been directly (mentally, emotionally, physically, financially, etc.) affected by an event on campus, or in their local, hometown, state/regional, or national community.
  • Experiencing financial stress related to tuition costs, scholarships, grants etc. and is struggling to engage with the resources.
  • Exhibiting behavior perceived as disruptive, upsetting, rude, aggressive, or bizarre.

Get Help Referral Form

Submit this form for any student experiencing circumstances impacting their personal, physical or emotional well-being, exhibiting behaviors that are a cause for concern, or for a student you believe could benefit from increased support. Please fill out the form with as much information as possible to assist in outreach efforts. 

Complete the Form