Transformative Learning UK's Centralized Learning Center
Welcome to Transformative Learning
Transformative Learning (TL), housed in the Office for Student Success, is a centralized student support unit on campus, a student’s one-stop shop for on-campus academic resources.
Throughout the Wildcat journey, Transformative Learning is here to support every student by providing student-centered academic services. Whether they are seeking guidance on improving time management skills, feedback on a paper, or tutoring in a math class we are here to meet them at whatever stage they are at! Transformative Learning knows how challenging (and rewarding) college life can be, so we have built our programs and services to better equip students to meet those challenges and reach their goals.
Transformative Learning is a partner students will be able to count on as part of their Wildcat support team! We want to make sure all students have the tools they need to be successful.
Transformative Learning is a very open and adaptable resource that prioritizes all students, making sure that their academic and personal lives are attended to.
APA Programs & Services
- Academic Preparation & Placement (APP) Coursework
- Co-requisite coursework to support students in college readiness.
- Placement Testing
- For incoming students who have not yet met statewide minimum test score or high school GPA requirements for college readiness.
- UK101/201: Academic Orientation
- Develop your academic skills, build lasting relationships, and become a better Wildcat!
- Wildcat Success Plan
- Supports incoming Wildcats with unweighted high school GPAs below 2.49.
ISC Programs & Services
- Individual Coaching Appointment
- Create a personalized action plan around topics such as time management, study strategies, & getting motivated.
- Group Coaching
- UK faculty, staff and student leaders can request a group coaching session for their class, meeting or event.
- Integrated Success Coach Advocate Training
- UK faculty, staff, and student leaders can gain foundational coaching skills.
- UK S.T.A.R.T. (STEM Through Authentic Research & Training)
- Undergraduate and graduate students in STEM fields can recieve training to coach high school students interested in STEM.
Peer Supported Learning
- Common Hour Study Group
- Structured study group facilitated by peer tutors at The Study for several of the largest Common Hour Exams
- Presentation U: Speaking & Writing Center
- Free peer tutoring for communication and composition assignments in any form for any course.
- Supplemental Instruction
- Weekly, peer-led group study sessions designed to support students enrolled in some of UK's most challenging courses.
- Peer Tutoring at The Study
- Free, Drop-in, Group tutoring for many 100 & 200 level math, science, & business courses.
Other TL Services
- GRE Prep Seminars
- Kick start your studying for the GRE with this 2.5 hour workshop.
- Private Tutoring
- Search for or become a private tutor through UK's Tutor Matching Service